ATTENTION – The Knights of Columbus are hosting the annual Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest and everyone is invited to vote on their favorite posters after the Thanksgiving Masses on Thursday, November 28 – CLICK HERE for more information.
Knights of Columbus, Bishop Sheen Council, #10858, is a Catholic Family, Fraternal Service Organization dedicated to faith, community, family, youth and fellowship. The Council sponsors different events throughout the year:
- Annual Fr. Leo Lyons Fishing Outing, held in late summer in Orland Park, for learning disabled adults and children. Normally everyone who attends catches a fish.
- Tootsie Roll Annual Drive, normally held in September, for learning disable adults and children. The last few years the Bishop Sheen Council has collected over $6,500 a year for this cause.
- Keep Christ in Christmas Annual Poster Contest
- Annual Celebration of Renewal of Wedding Vows
The Bishop Sheen Council meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7 PM at St. Michael’s Church.
Membership is open to all practicing Catholic men, 18 years and older. A practicing Catholic is one who lives and follows the precepts of the Catholic Church, and follows God’s Commandments.
For additional information or requests for the Knights of Columbus to participate at Parish liturgies or for Knights’ assistance, please contact Tony Noska, Grand Knight, by phone at 708-301-7586 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knights of Columbus #10858 Officers
Grand Knight – Anthony R. Noska
Deputy Grand Knight – Bob Chio
Chancellor – Frank Mallet
Recorder – Don Ward
Financial Secretary – Jerry Noga
Treasurer – Wayne Young
Advocate – Vinny Candelero
Warden – David Lynn
Inside Guard – Al Wucker
Membership Recruitment Director – Lloyd Fojas
Youth Director – Bill O’Neil
Council Director – Tom Hudon
Knights of Columbus #10858 Trustees
One Year – Douglas Stearns
Two Year – Michael Minnus
Three Year – Jeff Minarcek
Knights of Columbus Meetings and Activities 2018-2019
- Knights of Columbus Meeting – August 9 and 23, September 27, October 11 and 25; November 8 and 22 (Hospitality for Thanksgiving Masses at 8 AM and 10 AM); December 6 and 20; January 10 and 24; February 7 and 21; March 7 and 21; April 11 and 25; May 9 and 23; June 13 and 27.
- May 2018 – Orland Days.
- May 2018 – Knights to participate in Special Olympics.
- July 7, 2018 – Officer Installation at St. Michael Church.
- July 2018 – Pancake Breakfast at St. Michael Parish.
- August 19, 2018 – Fr. Leo Lions Annual Fishing Outing for the mentally disabled in Orland Park.
- August 2018 – Adult Fishing Outing.
- September 22-23, 2018 – Intellectual Disabilities Drive AKA Tootsie Roll Donations after Masses at St. Michael Church. CLICK HERE for more information.
- September or October 2018 – Seminarian Raffle after Masses – Along with this raffle, the Knights normally give $500 to a local seminarian.
- October 13-14, 2018 – Recruitment Drive and Pancake Breakfast at St. Michael Parish.
- November 22, 2018 – Distribution of Keep Christ in Christmas supplies at St. Michael School.
- November 22, 2018 – Thanksgiving Donut Socials (Hospitality) for 8 AM and 10 AM Masses. Judge Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest.
- November 2018 – Participation in Coats for Kids.
- December 2018 – Nativity Scene Set-Up.
- January 2019 – Participation in the Right to Life Rally in Chicago.
- January 12, 2019 – Free Throw Contest at St. Michael School.
- February 2019 – Spelling Bee at St. Michael School.
- February 9, 2019 – Wedding Renewal at St. Michael Church.
- Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Christ Passion in St. John, Indiana – Date to be posted!
- Priest Recognition – Date to be posted!
- Holy Thursday – April 18, 2019 – Visitation to Seven Churches.