ST. MICHAEL NARTHEX USE GUIDELINES / INFORMATION
The Staff of St. Michael Parish, in our concern for preserving the dignity and effective use of the Narthex, sets forth the following guidelines based on the understanding that it is the social and spiritual gathering place for the community as they arrive and depart for worship.
WHO IS ABLE TO USE THE NARTHEX
- A permanent section of the Narthex is reserved for the Worship Commission to emphasize the proper liturgical season. It may not be changed, or items moved.
- Parish ministries/organizations may make use of the Narthex to advertise events, sign up participants/volunteers and sell tickets/merchandise. However, space constraints demand that the use must be limited to three ministries/organizations on any weekend. Prior approval by a Staff Member is needed before any ministry/organization can use the narthex. The Parish Office/Receptionist can’t approve requests. Parish ministries/organizations may only be in the Narthex for two consecutive weeks.
NUMBER OF GROUPS
- One brown table and a maximum of three chairs per group will be available for use. ONLY THE TABLES AND CHAIRS SET UP BY MAINTENANCE MAY BE USED. YOU MAY NOT MOVE YOUR TABLE.
- Group members must stay at the table. Group members may not solicit parishioners entering or leaving the Church.
SCHEDULING USE OF THE NATHEX
- A ministry/organization may book the Narthex at the time of the annual parish calendaring.
- Requests for use of the Narthex subsequent to issuance of the parish calendar must be made at least two weeks before desired date. Staff Members need to check the calendar before reserving the Narthex for their groups. Any request received, other than by a staff member, will be denied and referred back to the Staff Member.
SPECIFICS FOR SPACE USAGE
- Since any type of tape mars the walls, NOTHING CAN BE TAPED TO THE WALLS.
- Posters must be taped to the front of the table or place on the table, NO EASELS.
- Posters, hand-outs, signs, etc. must be removed by the group after the last weekend Mass or they will be discarded.
USE OF THE KIOSK AND BULLETIN BOARD
- Kiosk and bulletin board materials must be brought to the Parish Office for approval and then will be placed on the kiosk or bulletin board by a member of the Parish staff.
- Parish groups/organizations are given priority on the kiosk or bulletin board.
- Non parish groups materials will be posted if space is available.